Personal Insurance

Your personal insurance needs are very important to us.

Choosing the right insurance for your home and automobile can be a confusing experience. Your choice of companies and coverage options are endless. Whether you need insurance for your home, automobiles, boat, or personal property, you can be assured that our professionals will listen to your concerns, assess your needs, explain options, and help you get the right coverage for your particular needs.

Homeowners Insurance

Homeowner’s Insurance is a form of property insurance that covers losses and damages to an individual’s house and to assets in the home. Homeowner’s Insurance also provides liability coverage against accidents in the home or on the property. We customize your policy to you.

Depending on the policy you choose, Homeowner’s covers:

  • Home Structure
  • Personal Belongings
  • Liability Protection
  • Additional Living Expenses

Auto Insurance

Protecting Antique or Collector automobiles typically requires a special policy.

A classic, collectible or antique car is no ordinary car—and regular auto insurance is not enough to protect such a vehicle against damage or loss.

If a car’s value exceeds its original selling price, then it might be considered collectible and a candidate for specialized classic car insurance.

In general, vehicles that might warrant classic car auto insurance include:

  • Antique and classic cars/trucks
  • Hotrods and modified vehicles
  • Exotic and luxury autos
  • Muscle cars

What you should know about your classic car:

  • Your car’s value
  • Specialized repair or restoration
  • Special towing and spare parts

Recreational Vehicles Insurance

The size, type and value of the craft and the water in which you use it factor into the type of insurance you need as well as costs.

Insurance helps cover physical loss or damage to the actual boat, including the hull, machinery, fittings, furnishings and permanently attached equipment. Recreational Vehicle insurance can provide coverage for:

  • Theft of the boat
  • Property damage
  • Guest passenger liability
  • Bodily injury and related medical payments
  • Trailer or boat accessories
  • Loss or theft of belongings may or may not be covered
  • Towing

While smaller craft may be covered under your standard homeowners policy or renters insurance policy, most insurers provide limited coverage for property damage for small boats like canoes, small sailboats or small powerboats. Larger boats, recreational vehicles, RVs, etc. need their own policy.

Talk to your Calhoun Agency insurance agent to find out exactly what you need.

Jewelry & Fine Art Insurance

It is important to know what is covered under your Homeowners Insurance policy. While your policy may cover many personal possessions, it doesn’t automatically cover all of them.

Most of us have valuables like engagement or wedding rings, jewelry, family heirlooms, fine art/paintings in our home that we would be devastated to lose. Calhoun Agency offers insurance policies to protect these often overlooked belongings in the event of loss.

Here are four steps to take to get your valuables properly covered:

  • Have the item appraised
  • Take a picture of the item
  • Add the item to your home inventory
  • Call Calhoun Agency for your policy options

Umbrella Liability Insurance

Standard Auto and/or Homeowners Insurance provides you with some liability coverage. Should you be sued, those policies pay up to your policy limits for legal judgments against you and associated legal fees.

Depending on the lawsuit, the settlement could potentially cost you the entirety of your financial assets. It is for those cases that you may want extra protection for your assets. That is what a Personal Umbrella Liability policy provides.

An umbrella policy kicks in when you reach the limit on liability coverage included in your existing personal insurance policies. It can also cover you for additional types of claims, like libel or slander.

Rental Insurance

Renting your home? Most homeowners are insured for risks like house fires, burglaries, etc., but many renters are not. These are some of the types of losses for which your personal property is covered. If you rent a home or apartment, you need special protection. We can get you a policy that protects against almost any hazard. You can be protected against damage to the home or adjacent structures and damage to the contents as well.

  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Fire or lightning
  • Windstorm or hail
  • Sudden and accidental smoke
  • Sudden and accidental discharge of water or steam

Flood Insurance

According to FEMA, floods are the nation’s most common and costly natural disaster and cause millions of dollars in damage every year. Flood damage is typically excluded under standard homeowners and renters insurance policies.

However, coverage is available in the form of a separate policy both from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and from a few private insurers. Calhoun Agency can get you the Flood Insurance you need to avoid large out-of-pocket costs due to most flood damage.

Connect with our team to learn more about insurance options, request a quote or schedule an appointment.

Get In Touch